Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 PM

|**** |**** +--------- day
of******* month (1 - 31)

#******
|**** +----------- hour (0 - 23)

#******
+------------- min (0 - 59)

*

What would be the entry of a bi-monthly entry? (every 2
weeks)** Doing it in hours is not very elegant. Should I Gio like
this?

*

0 10 1,15 * *** /etc/scripts/my_script?

*

Thanks.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Preston Hagar

Default Cronjob bi-Monthly Setup

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Maxime Alarie <malarie@processia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is* my crontab Reference:
>

> #Crontab Reference
>
> #****** ***** ***** *** **** ******** command to be executed
>
> #****** -**** -**** -** -*** -
>
> #****** |**** |**** |** |*** |
>
> #****** |**** |**** |** |*** +----- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0)
>
> #****** |**** |**** |** +------- month (1 - 12)
>
> #****** |**** |**** +--------- day of******* month (1 - 31)
>
> #****** |**** +----------- hour (0 - 23)
>
> #****** +------------- min (0 - 59)
>

> What would be the entry of a bi-monthly entry? (every 2 weeks)** Doing it in
> hours is not very elegant. Should I Gio like this?
>

> 0 10 1,15 * *** /etc/scripts/my_script?
>

> Thanks.

That should work fine and is probably the easiest way to do it.

Preston

Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM
drew einhorn

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Maxime Alarie <malarie@processia.com> wrote:

Hi,

This is* my crontab Reference:

*

#Crontab
Reference

#******
***** ***** ***
**** ******** command to be
executed

#******
-**** -**** -**
-*** -

#******
|**** |**** |**
|*** |

#******

#******
|**** |**** |** +-------
month (1 - 12)

#******
of******* month (1 - 31)

#******
|**** +----------- hour (0 - 23)

#******
+------------- min (0 - 59)

*

*

What would be the entry of a bi-monthly entry? (every 2
weeks)** Doing it in hours is not very elegant. Should I Gio like
this?

*

0 10 1,15 * *** /etc/scripts/my_script?

*

Thanks.

bi weekly would be every two weeks, usually 26 times a year, sometime you get 27 depending on the quirks of the calendar. *Can't do it with a cron job. *Would have to write a script to submit the jobs individually using at. *Would be messy.

the above is semi monthly you get 24 runs a year.
bi monthly gets you 6 a year, every two months. *Not even close to what you want.
If the 1st and 15th of the month is "close enough" go with that. *If you have to satisfy a non negotiable bureaucratic requirement after you find out some more of the fine print you might have to write the messy script.

*--

Drew Einhorn

"You can see a lot by just looking."
* --* Yogi Berra