Old 02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Aaron

Default Measuring CPU temperatures in ubuntu

Hi there all,

Please can someone instruct me on how to measure the CPU temps in ubuntu

Thanks in advance !

Aaron

Old 02-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Andrew Doades

use the command "sensors"

do apt-get install lm-sensors then just run sensors!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Vincent Trouilliez

> Please can someone instruct me on how to measure the CPU temps in ubuntu

The corresponding ACPI information is available in this file:

/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature

However it may or may not work, see this bug report I filed long ago:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/27233

If you are lucky and it works on your machine, then I think there are a
few GUI/Gnome applets available, that will display this information in a
convienent manner.

HTH

--
Vince