Old 12-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Patton Echols

Default restart nautilus

On 11/30/2010 05:23 AM, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> 29.11.2010 23:51, Patton Echols:
>

>> Does anyone know a way to tell Nautilus to start from scratch?
>>

> nautilus --quit
>
> gnome-session (I think) will make sure nautilus gets restarted immediately.

Hmm that didn't work. Anyone have other thoughts? Maybe I should file
a bug?

Old 12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
NoOp

On 11/30/2010 06:53 PM, Patton Echols wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 05:23 AM, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
>> 29.11.2010 23:51, Patton Echols:
>>

>>> Does anyone know a way to tell Nautilus to start from scratch?
>>>

>> nautilus --quit
>>
>> gnome-session (I think) will make sure nautilus gets restarted immediately.
>>

> Hmm that didn't work. Anyone have other thoughts? Maybe I should file
> a bug?

$ killall nautilus

But for your share problem, I'd do these in this order:

$ sudo service smbd restart
[restart the samba service]
$ sudo service nmbd restart
[restart the NetBIOS name server]
$ killall nautilus
[kill all nautilus services/pid's - nautilus will auto restart]

The only other things I can think of is to clear the browse cache:
/var/cache/samba/browse.dat

There was a related thread (Problem defining the Samba workgroup) a few
weeks ago that might help, see:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/226936>