Old 11-30-2010, 11:47 PM
user1

Default amsn 0.98.3-2 gives Internal Server Error in ubuntu 10.10

amsn 0.98.3-2 gives "Internal Server Error" in ubuntu 10.10

I tried to force install v. 0.97 but I cannot login - gives plugin
problems.

I have googled a lot?

Old 12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
user1

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:47:06 +0000, user1 wrote:

> amsn 0.98.3-2 gives "Internal Server Error" in ubuntu 10.10
>
> I tried to force install v. 0.97 but I cannot login - gives plugin
> problems.
>
> I have googled a lot?

Strange, the day before yesterday amsn worked properly.

Yesterday it gave above error message - I tried to update my system,
rebooted and the error was still there.

To day it amsn seems to work okay again?

Old 12-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Tony Pursell

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 16:54 +0000, user1 wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:47:06 +0000, user1 wrote:
>
> > amsn 0.98.3-2 gives "Internal Server Error" in ubuntu 10.10
> >
> > I tried to force install v. 0.97 but I cannot login - gives plugin
> > problems.
> >
> > I have googled a lot?
>
> Strange, the day before yesterday amsn worked properly.
>
> Yesterday it gave above error message - I tried to update my system,
> rebooted and the error was still there.
>
> To day it amsn seems to work okay again?

Yesterday I used Empathy as usual and it could not connect to MSN. Today
it does. Obviously a MSN problem. The advantage with Empathy is that I
knew it was working as it connected to other protocols OK. Why don't
you use Empathy?

Tony

Old 12-01-2010, 11:08 PM
user1

> Why don't you use Empathy?

I do now :-) - I tried it a long time ago.

I am mostly using skype, simply as most of my contacts use it (windoze
users).

I found out that you can share your screen in skype - very smart way to
show somebody what you are doing on your desktop screen - to teach in
real time *smile*