Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Bill Moseley

Default 10.04LTS and Postgresql goes away?

I assume I missed some important notice, but after upgrading I no longer have Postgresql installed:
$ cat /etc/issueUbuntu 10.04.1 LTS
$ psqlThe program 'psql' is currently not installed. *You can install it by typing:

sudo apt-get install postgresql-client-common

Seems a bit nasty to have it removed and not replace and database converted, no? *Is there a upgrade not I missed?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org

Old 12-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Gary Chambers

Bill,

> Seems a bit nasty to have it removed and not replace and database converted,
> no? *Is there a upgrade not I missed?

I have two production servers running a small and moderately large
PostgreSQL 8.4.5 cluster an I just upgraded with the usual zero
ill-effects.

-- Gary Chambers

/* Nothing fancy and nothing Microsoft! */

Old 12-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Bill Moseley