Old 11-30-2010, 10:25 PM

Default network-manager weirdnesses

I'm seeing these in my logs when using the default ifupdown (eth0) wired connection.

nm-dispatcher.action: nm_dispatcher_action: Invalid connection: '(null)' / 'connection setting not found' invalid: 1
nm-dispatcher.action: Script '/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/01ifupdown' exited with error status 1

Looking at the script, it looks like the only way this happens is if
an invalid interface or a bad parameter is passed to the script.
Is this normal?

I'm experiencing problems with the default ifupdown wired connection.
If I connect that way, after a while, my VPN stops working.
I can fix it by defining my own wired connection and setting some things right.

I'm trying to troubleshoot, but I really don't know what the ifupdown
wired connection is doing; I cannot "edit" it in NetworkManager. I do
know it's confusing my domains/search path in /etc/resolv.conf.

I'd like to understand NetworkManager a little better, is there any
documentation on what it's doing? Is there a mailing list specifically
for NM?
--
Good code works on most inputs; correct code works on all inputs.
If you are a spammer, please email john@subspacefield.org to get blacklisted.