-   -   Problems with Gedit and Battery consumption (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/459403-problems-gedit-battery-consumption.html)

Steve Dierker 11-30-2010 12:15 PM

Problems with Gedit and Battery consumption

Hello list,

I'am wondering about my battery consumption, when I'm using gedit.
I have a ubuntu 10.04 runing on a ThinkPad T400 and in normal browsing
and programming usage without using Gedit the power consumption is about
8-9.5W.
But if I start Gedit to write a latex document or to write a bit ruby
code the power consumption rises to nearly 20W.
But its not the gedit process with this much consumption. Its another
process called [TLB shootdown] according to powertop, which only occurs
if I start gedit.

So my question is, does anyone have similar problems or does anyone know
how to investigate the problem further?

best regards,
Steve

Alan Pope 11-30-2010 12:42 PM

On 30 November 2010 13:15, Steve Dierker <dierker.steve@fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> So my question is, does anyone have similar problems or does anyone know
> how to investigate the problem further?

Looks like a bug to me. I'd get one filed against gedit.

Al.

Steve Dierker 11-30-2010 10:42 PM

Problems with Gedit and Battery consumption

Hi,

so I tried the old trick and uninstalled and installed gedit again and
now the error is fixed.
But I have no idea where it was coming from. Hopefully it will not occur
again.

thanks,
Steve