Old 11-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Amichai Rotman

Default FN Keys on an Asus Netbook

Hi All,
I followed the*instructions to fix the FN keys on my Asus 1005PG (add 'acpi osi=Linux' to the /etc/default/grub file and run update-grub) and it worked for a while.

I then tried to figure out if I have a Bluetooth adapter built in and ind the process removed and re-installed some packages. I can't remember all the packages I have touched, but I am pretty sure I removed and re-installed 'acpi-support'.

Since then, all FN keys stopped working. Before that, some of them (Volume and Brightness) worked but not all - Touchpad (FN+F3), Task Manager (FN+F9)...
Where should I look?*

I even tried re-installing the whole system (Lucid UNR) and re-running update-grub...
I am guessing it is something in my $HOME/.config or $HOME/.gconf or some such...

Thanks!*
--

Amichai Rotman