Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Patton Echols

Default Changing "workgroup" connecting to windows shares

I had an Odd problem today. I was connected to my home network before
leaving for work. The server shares via Samba and the workgroup is
named "home." All the files were closed but nautilus was still showing
connected to the samba share when I put it to sleep.

Once at my office, I successfully woke up the computer and wicd obtained
an address on the LAN. But when attempting to connect to the share on
my work computer (WinXP) Nautilus could not see any of the work groups
that share the LAN. My assumption is that nautilus had cached the
workgroup settings, but I could not find a way to make it start over.

Eventually I had to log out of my desktop and log back on. When
restarting nautilus, it then worked fine.

Does anyone know a way to tell Nautilus to start from scratch?