FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Phil Tann
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

Thought this would be appreciated by one and all on here.

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml
Install Guide: How to install Linux on a dead badger

--
Phil Tann
phil@philtann.com
Mobile: 0404 098 268

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Graham Watkins
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

Phil Tann wrote:
> Thought this would be appreciated by one and all on here.
>
> http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml
> Install Guide: How to install Linux on a dead badger
>
>
:-)) This first did the rounds a couple of years ago but I found it
just as funny this time.

It seems that there's more where this came from:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1894953479/ref=nosim/strangehorizons

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Rosalind Mitchell
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

On Sunday 03 February 2008 10:18:51 Graham Watkins wrote:
> Phil Tann wrote:
> > Thought this would be appreciated by one and all on here.
> >
> > http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml
> > Install Guide: How to install Linux on a dead badger
> >
> :-)) This first did the rounds a couple of years ago but I found it
>
> just as funny this time.

Real geeks will appreciate that the page looks much better in lynx than it
does in [Firefox|Konqueror].

Rosie


--
Currently Reading ATKINSON, KATE: One Good Turn
The Book of Enitharmon: http://swanofkennet.livejournal.com
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Nik
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

In article <200802031603.05475.phil@philtann.com>,
Phil Tann <phil@philtann.com> wrote:

> Subject: (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

Please read the headers:
"Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"

Please post stuff like this to Sounder.

Nik

--
"welcome to the blood red crimson sky of another imperial day"

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Peter Garrett
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:39:26 +0000
Rosalind Mitchell <rcm@swimbarrow.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sunday 03 February 2008 10:18:51 Graham Watkins wrote:
> > Phil Tann wrote:
> > > Thought this would be appreciated by one and all on here.
> > >
> > > http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml
> > > Install Guide: How to install Linux on a dead badger
> > >
> > :-)) This first did the rounds a couple of years ago but I found it
> >
> > just as funny this time.
>
> Real geeks will appreciate that the page looks much better in lynx than it
> does in [Firefox|Konqueror].

I thought *real* geeks used "telnet foo.com 80 " ?


--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net
Screenshots slideshow: http://inx.maincontent.net/album/1.png.html
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Peter Garrett
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 12:03:54 +0100
Nik <nik@gare.org> wrote:

> In article <200802031603.05475.phil@philtann.com>,
> Phil Tann <phil@philtann.com> wrote:
>
> > Subject: (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points
>
> Please read the headers:
> "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
>
> Please post stuff like this to Sounder.

Oh, for heaven's sake... get a life, please...
A sense of humour wouldn't hurt either.

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net
Screenshots slideshow: http://inx.maincontent.net/album/1.png.html
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Derek Broughton
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

Peter Garrett wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:39:26 +0000
> Rosalind Mitchell <rcm@swimbarrow.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 03 February 2008 10:18:51 Graham Watkins wrote:
>> > Phil Tann wrote:
>> > > Thought this would be appreciated by one and all on here.
>> > >
>> > > http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml
>> > > Install Guide: How to install Linux on a dead badger
>> > >
>> > :-)) This first did the rounds a couple of years ago but I found it
>> >
>> > just as funny this time.
>>
>> Real geeks will appreciate that the page looks much better in lynx than
>> it does in [Firefox|Konqueror].
>
> I thought *real* geeks used "telnet foo.com 80 " ?
>
>
nc, please. Telnet is something wannabes use.
--
derek


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Peter Garrett
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 11:43:23 -0400
Derek Broughton <news@pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> > I thought *real* geeks used "telnet foo.com 80 " ?
> >
> >
> nc, please. Telnet is something wannabes use.



... touché

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net
Screenshots slideshow: http://inx.maincontent.net/album/1.png.html
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
thomas fisher
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

On Sunday 03 February 2008 03:39:26 Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> On Sunday 03 February 2008 10:18:51 Graham Watkins wrote:
> > Phil Tann wrote:
> > > Thought this would be appreciated by one and all on here.
> > >
> > > http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml
> > > Install Guide: How to install Linux on a dead badger
> > >
> > :-)) This first did the rounds a couple of years ago but I found it
> >
> > just as funny this time.
>
> Real geeks will appreciate that the page looks much better in lynx than it
> does in [Firefox|Konqueror].
>
> Rosie

Obviously by someone who has never attempted to make a badger dead. They
are very resistive to that whole process! In fact become extremely
belligerent to all attempts. Point, none.

Tom

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Ari Torhamo
 
Default (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points

ma, 2008-02-04 kello 00:51 +1100, Peter Garrett kirjoitti:
> On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 12:03:54 +0100
> Nik <nik@gare.org> wrote:
>
> > In article <200802031603.05475.phil@philtann.com>,
> > Phil Tann <phil@philtann.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Subject: (OT) - Gaining Linux Geek points
> >
> > Please read the headers:
> > "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> >
> > Please post stuff like this to Sounder.
>
> Oh, for heaven's sake... get a life, please...
> A sense of humour wouldn't hurt either.

There's no need to get defensive, Peter. We all make mistakes. Now, lets
move this over to Sounder (I'm posting this to both lists).

Ari


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:51 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org