Old 11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
"Jeff G."

Default Two Ubuntu installs: have first install manage grub

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2

Old 11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
"Goh Lip"

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:23:54 +0800, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> can I fix it from within one of the Ubuntus?

Yes, you can, but note the version of grub installed will be from that
'donor' ubuntu. To get back the grub version of the 'receiver' ubuntu,
"grub-install" from there (receiver).

Regards - Goh Lip
--
I used to have an open mind,
but my brains kept falling out.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 04:02, Jeff G. <connyank@cox.net> wrote:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2

Thanks, Jeff. You wouldn't believe that I had already read that on at
least two occasions, for some reason it did not register that the info
would be there. I'm too quick to google, and when that leads nowhere I
don't even think about official docs!

Thank you!

--
Dotan Cohen