Old 11-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Tapas Mishra

Default Live news channel streams hang while watching on Ubuntu

On watching these links
http://www.ndtv.com/video/live/channel/ndtv24x7
http://ibnlive.in.com/livestreaming/IBN7/
I observe on killing npviewer.bin the resource consumption on my
system goes down to a noticeable extent.
The flash keeps hanging a lot while watching the above links and I
have to time and again restart or refresh the pages and that is
followed via 30 seconds add.
Which is quite annoying.
My OS Lucid 64 bit
Firefox 3.6.12
Chrome 7.0.517.44
Initially I thought it to be an issue with Firefox but then same was
verified when I
watched on Chrome(watch the live news for 20 minutes it will hang).
So this can not be an issue with browser.
I do not use M$ so I can not verify this for OS thing.
The flash on my system is 10,1,102,64

When the system hangs then it is difficult to get even the command
prompt to use
sudo pkill npviewer.bin

So is there a remedy for the same?

--
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com

Old 11-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Ric Moore

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 22:46 +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> On watching these links
> http://www.ndtv.com/video/live/channel/ndtv24x7
> http://ibnlive.in.com/livestreaming/IBN7/
> I observe on killing npviewer.bin the resource consumption on my
> system goes down to a noticeable extent.
> The flash keeps hanging a lot while watching the above links and I
> have to time and again restart or refresh the pages and that is
> followed via 30 seconds add.
> Which is quite annoying.
> My OS Lucid 64 bit
> Firefox 3.6.12
> Chrome 7.0.517.44
> Initially I thought it to be an issue with Firefox but then same was
> verified when I
> watched on Chrome(watch the live news for 20 minutes it will hang).
> So this can not be an issue with browser.
> I do not use M$ so I can not verify this for OS thing.
> The flash on my system is 10,1,102,64
>
> When the system hangs then it is difficult to get even the command
> prompt to use
> sudo pkill npviewer.bin
>
> So is there a remedy for the same?

I just did a quick google search on npviewer.bin and there's a zillion
hits on the topic of it locking up, and remedies, way back to 2008. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 11-29-2010, 04:21 AM
Tapas Mishra

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just did a quick google search on npviewer.bin and there's a zillion
Can you give one of the link which works?