Old 11-27-2010, 03:54 PM
"Johnny Rosenberg"

Default Empathy and MSN

Didn't work for a week or two: ”Network error”. Anyone else experiencing
this problem?

My wife get connected to MSN, but she still use Pidgin…

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Old 11-27-2010, 10:56 PM
ms

On 27/11/10 16:54, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> Didn't work for a week or two: ”Network error”. Anyone else experiencing
> this problem?
>
> My wife get connected to MSN, but she still use Pidgin…

I have the same problem. Eventually it connects, you just have to try
quite persistently.

Don't know why. Any hint Googling?

--
Massimo Sandal, Ph.D.
http://devicerandom.org

Old 11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Thiago Cavalcante

2010/11/27 ms <devicerandom@gmail.com>:
> On 27/11/10 16:54, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>> Didn't work for a week or two: ”Network error”. Anyone else experiencing
>> this problem?
>>
>> My wife get connected to MSN, but she still use Pidgin…
>>

> I have the same problem. Eventually it connects, you just have to try
> quite persistently.
>
> Don't know why. Any hint Googling?
>
> --
> Massimo Sandal, Ph.D.
> http://devicerandom.org

I believe Microsoft has updated the protocol, I had problems with SSL
certification in aMSN and Pidgin, Empathy is working here.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:39 AM
"Johnny Rosenberg"

Den 2010-11-28 01:06:36 skrev Thiago Cavalcante <tlcavalcante@gmail.com>:

> 2010/11/27 ms <devicerandom@gmail.com>:
>> On 27/11/10 16:54, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>> Didn't work for a week or two: ”Network error”. Anyone else
>>> experiencing
>>> this problem?
>>>
>>> My wife get connected to MSN, but she still use Pidgin…
>>>

>> I have the same problem. Eventually it connects, you just have to try
>> quite persistently.
>>
>> Don't know why. Any hint Googling?
>>
>> --
>> Massimo Sandal, Ph.D.
>> http://devicerandom.org
>>
>> --
>>

> I believe Microsoft has updated the protocol, I had problems with SSL
> certification in aMSN and Pidgin, Empathy is working here.

Yes, I know they did, and I took the necessary steps to adapt to the
changes:
sudo gedit
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/papyon/service/description/SingleSignOn/RequestMultipleSecurityTokens.py

Look for this line:
CONTACTS = ("contacts.msn.com",
"?fs=1&id=24000&kv=7&rn=93S9SWWw&tw=0&ver=2.1.6000 .1")

Replace it with this line:
CONTACTS = ("contacts.msn.com", "MBI")

I also uninstalled telepathy-butterfly

This worked for a while. After a while it stopped working again, but I
have solved it now. I THINK the reason was that I upgraded Ubuntu 10.04 →
Ubuntu 10.10. Maybe the upgrade put telepathy-butterfly back again,
because when I once again removed it, and I think I restarted Ubuntu or at
leased logged out and then logged in again, I get connected to MSN without
any problems.

So I would consider this problem solved now. Thanks for your input!

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg