-   -   Nautilus settings (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/457705-nautilus-settings.html)

Mark 11-26-2010 02:13 AM

Nautilus settings

I noticed that there is an interesting difference between spatial and
browser modes in Nautilus that isn't mentioned in the documentation.
In spatial mode, you cannot open more than one window to a particular
directory - if one is open and it's not in your current workspace, a
button lights up on the panel that will take you to the other
workspace and its window. In browser mode, this is not the case, you
can open as many browsers to the same folder as you want.

(The documentation also says you can control the default mode with a
preference called "Always Open in Browser Mode" that does not appear
in the preferences in Maverick.)

My question is: can I set something to have the same "single instance"
folder behavior in browser mode as in spatial mode?

Thanks.