Old 11-25-2010, 07:39 PM
"Maxime Alarie"

Default Nagios External Command fails.

Good
day,

¬*

am new to¬* nagios.

¬*

have installed Nagios3 on a¬* Ubuntu Server VM, and I am learning it.¬*
I have installed Nagios3, a with the nsclient on my own¬* Windows laptop as
well. ¬*

can see my laptop ¬*is UP on ¬*the Nagios3‚Äôs web inrterface, but
that‚Äôs about it.. The way I ¬*have cretaed my config file for my
laptop is ¬*by copying the localhost_nagios2.cfg file, then
replaced¬* 127.0.0.1 by my IP and¬* localhost by my hostname, and
renamed the file¬* to penang_nagios2.cfg

¬*

¬*

When
I go to the interface, I select my laptop on the list and then click Re-schedule
the next check of this host..¬* I get this error message:

¬*

Error:
Could not stat() command file '/var/lib/nagios3/rw/nagios.cmd'!

The
external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running, and/or Nagios
may not be checking external commands.

An error
occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing.

¬*

¬*Any
help would be¬* apreciated.

¬*

¬*

Regards

¬*

Old 11-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Eero Volotinen

2010/11/25 Maxime Alarie <malarie@processia.com>:
> Good day,
>

> I am new to¬* nagios.
>

> I have installed Nagios3 on a¬* Ubuntu Server VM, and I am learning it.¬* I
> have installed Nagios3, a with the nsclient on my own¬* Windows laptop as
> well.
>
> I can see my laptop ¬*is UP on ¬*the Nagios3‚Äôs web inrterface, but that‚Äôs
> about it.. The way I ¬*have cretaed my config file for my laptop is ¬*by
> copying the localhost_nagios2.cfg file, then replaced¬* 127.0.0.1 by my IP
> and¬* localhost by my hostname, and renamed the file¬* to penang_nagios2.cfg
>

> When I go to the interface, I select my laptop on the list and then click
> Re-schedule the next check of this host..¬* I get this error message:
>

> Error: Could not stat() command file '/var/lib/nagios3/rw/nagios.cmd'!
>
> The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running, and/or
> Nagios may not be checking external commands.
>
> An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing.
>

> ¬*Any help would be¬* apreciated.

This is known bug in ubuntu, see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server-bugs/2009-June/013748.html
for fix.

--
Eero

Old 11-25-2010, 08:17 PM
"Maxime Alarie"

> I have installed Nagios3 on a* Ubuntu Server VM, and I am learning it.* I
> have installed Nagios3, a with the nsclient on my own* Windows laptop as
> well.
>
> I can see my laptop *is UP on *the Nagios3's web inrterface, but that's
> about it.. The way I *have cretaed my config file for my laptop is *by
> copying the localhost_nagios2.cfg file, then replaced* 127.0.0.1 by my IP
> and* localhost by my hostname, and renamed the file* to penang_nagios2.cfg
>

> When I go to the interface, I select my laptop on the list and then click
> Re-schedule the next check of this host..* I get this error message:
>

> Error: Could not stat() command file '/var/lib/nagios3/rw/nagios.cmd'!
>
> The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running, and/or
> Nagios may not be checking external commands.
>
> An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing.
>

> *Any help would be* apreciated.

This is known bug in ubuntu, see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server-bugs/2009-June/013748.html
for fix.

--
Eero

Wow.. Thanks much, that fixed my problem!!

I really appreciate your help Eero!

Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 PM
"Maxime Alarie"