-   -   Backuppc new disk Ubuntu 10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/456922-backuppc-new-disk-ubuntu-10-a.html)

Chris Robinson 11-24-2010 10:01 AM

Backuppc new disk Ubuntu 10

Hi

I have added a new disk and formatted it ext3 and ext4.

I have called it backup, and mounted it /backup

i have amended /etc/backuppcconfig.pl*to point to /backup.

I have copied /var/lib/backuppc/* to /backup

/etc/init.d/backuppc restart

The error I get is can't create a test hardlink
--

Regards

Chris Robinson
W: http://business.krc.org.uk
E: business@krc.org.uk
T: 01708 701767
F: 020 7099 6814
M: 07887 98 33 55

Luis Paulo 11-24-2010 12:36 PM

Backuppc new disk Ubuntu 10

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:01, Chris Robinson <business@krc.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have added a new disk and formatted it ext3 and ext4.
>
> I have called it backup, and mounted it /backup
>
> i have amended /etc/backuppcconfig.pl*to point to /backup.
>
> I have copied /var/lib/backuppc/* to /backup
>
> /etc/init.d/backuppc restart
>
> The error I get is can't create a test hardlink
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Robinson

Copying /var/lib/backuppc/* is not a trivial matter because of the
./pc hardlinks to pool (or cpool). See "copying the pool" at
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#other_installation_topics

How did you do it?

Also, you may try the backuppc mailing list
(http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/info.html)

Regards
Luis

Chris Robinson 11-25-2010 12:02 AM

Backuppc new disk Ubuntu 10

Hi

I get:
-bash: /tech/backuppc/BackupPC-3.1.0/bin/BackupPC_tarPCCopy: /bin/perl:
bad interpreter: No such file or directory

when trying to run the program

This is ubuntu 10.10 latest install.

It says perl is installed, but I can not find it.

Chris

--

Regards

Chris Robinson
W: http://business.krc.org.uk
E: business@krc.org.uk
T: 01708 701767
F: 020 7099 6814
M: 07887 98 33 55

Luis Paulo 11-25-2010 12:30 AM

Backuppc new disk Ubuntu 10

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 01:02, Chris Robinson <business@krc.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I get:
> -bash: /tech/backuppc/BackupPC-3.1.0/bin/BackupPC_tarPCCopy: /bin/perl:
> bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> when trying to run the program
>
> This is ubuntu 10.10 latest install.
>
> It says perl is installed, but I can not find it.
>
> Chris
>

> On 24/11/2010 13:36, Luis Paulo wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:01, Chris Robinson<business@krc.org.uk> *wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have added a new disk and formatted it ext3 and ext4.
>>>
>>> I have called it backup, and mounted it /backup
>>>
>>> i have amended /etc/backuppcconfig.pl to point to /backup.
>>>
>>> I have copied /var/lib/backuppc/* to /backup
>>>
>>> /etc/init.d/backuppc restart
>>>
>>> The error I get is can't create a test hardlink
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Chris Robinson
>> Copying /var/lib/backuppc/* is not a trivial matter because of the
>> ./pc hardlinks to pool (or cpool). See "copying the pool" at
>> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#other_installation_topics
>>
>> How did you do it?
>>
>> Also, you may try the backuppc mailing list
>> (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/info.html)
>>
>> Regards
>> Luis
>>

> --
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Robinson

/tech ?
Sorry, can help you there, You may try the backuppc apt package.

You may also try the backuppc mailing list
(http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/info.html)

And please bottom post.

Chris Robinson 11-25-2010 11:16 AM

Backuppc new disk Ubuntu 10

On 25/11/2010 01:30, Luis Paulo wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 01:02, Chris Robinson<business@krc.org.uk> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I get:
>> -bash: /tech/backuppc/BackupPC-3.1.0/bin/BackupPC_tarPCCopy: /bin/perl:
>> bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>>
>> when trying to run the program
>>
>> This is ubuntu 10.10 latest install.
>>
>> It says perl is installed, but I can not find it.
>>
>> Chris

>>> Copying /var/lib/backuppc/* is not a trivial matter because of the
>>> ./pc hardlinks to pool (or cpool). See "copying the pool" at
>>> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#other_installation_topics
>>>
>>> How did you do it?
>>>
>>> Also, you may try the backuppc mailing list
>>> (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/info.html)
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Luis
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Chris Robinson
> /tech ?
> Sorry, can help you there, You may try the backuppc apt package.

> (http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/info.html)
>
> And please bottom post.

Hi Luis

I have installed and and run configure.pl

When I restart backuppc I get:
couldn't do /backuppc/log/status.pl: Permission deniedCan't create LOG
file /backuppc/log/LOG at /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC line 1814.

I have checked the permissions and created a log file as user backuppc.

I have not uninstalled the backuppc

Chris

--

Regards