Old 11-24-2010, 12:40 AM
claudiomet

Default launch program always with parameters

Greetings.

I'm using Lubuntu in my netbook (works great), and I want to connect
VLC with Pidgin through pidgin-musictraker. The problem is that VLC
must be launched as "vlc --contol dbus"
Hoy can I make this additional parameters permanent?

Cheers !

--
Claudio Cortes
+56 (2) 2994121

Meteorologo
Laboratorio de Investigación, Innovación e Informática Aplicada (L3IA)
Unidad de Modelacion y Gestion de la Calidad del Aire (UMGCA)
Centro Nacional del Medio Ambiente (CENMA)

--
Claudio Cortes
+56 (2) 2994121

Meteorologist
Laboratory Research, Innovation and Applied Informatics
Modeling and Air Quality Management Unit
National Enviroment Centre, Chile (CENMA)

Old 11-24-2010, 12:50 AM
ms

On 24/11/10 01:40, claudiomet wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'm using Lubuntu in my netbook (works great), and I want to connect
> VLC with Pidgin through pidgin-musictraker. The problem is that VLC
> must be launched as "vlc --contol dbus"
> Hoy can I make this additional parameters permanent?

1) Look in the vlc documentation if you can put this in the vlc
configuration file

2) Create a desktop shortcut for "vlc --control dbus"

--
Massimo Sandal, Ph.D.
http://devicerandom.org

Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Steve Grace

On 11/23/2010 05:50 PM, ms wrote:
> On 24/11/10 01:40, claudiomet wrote:

>> I'm using Lubuntu in my netbook (works great), and I want to connect
>> VLC with Pidgin through pidgin-musictraker. The problem is that VLC
>> must be launched as "vlc --contol dbus"
>> Hoy can I make this additional parameters permanent?
>>

> 1) Look in the vlc documentation if you can put this in the vlc
> configuration file
>
> 2) Create a desktop shortcut for "vlc --control dbus"

You could also use the Main Menu menu editor to specify the additional
parameters.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 AM
claudiomet

It works!

Changing "control=anything" for "control=dbus" in ~/.config/vlc/vlcrc

Thanks !