Old 11-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Oliver Marshall

Default Vulnerability scanner

Can anyone remind me of the name of the open source
vulnerability scanner that can be used to scan external ports and IPs for
common vulnerabilities and compare them against a community base of reported
issues?

*

Olly

Old 11-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Shaun Jones

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Oliver Marshall <Oliver.Marshall@g2support.com> wrote:

Can anyone remind me of the name of the open source
vulnerability scanner that can be used to scan external ports and IPs for
common vulnerabilities and compare them against a community base of reported
issues?

*

Olly

*Perhaps you are thinking about nmap a port scanner ? *

--
mister jones

Old 11-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Eero Volotinen

2010/11/23 Oliver Marshall <Oliver.Marshall@g2support.com>:
> Can anyone remind me of the name of the open source vulnerability scanner
> that can be used to scan external ports and IPs for common vulnerabilities
> and compare them against a community base of reported issues?

http://www.openvas.org/

but, I mainly prefer nessus over it..

--
Eero