Old 02-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Best laptop yet

A year ago I installed Fedora 7 on my big work laptop a 15 inch
Sony. It took a week at least finding the madwifi kernel module and
getting it working. Then the usual problems with my special applications.

This afternoon I loaded Ubuntu 7.16 from my live cd-rom and it came
up working with wifi and I got joe editor and it is ready to set up.
Time: 1 hour 12 minutes. I new it would work because I did $locate
madwifi on this computer and it listed a bunch... :-)

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User