FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 AM
yatheesh y
 
Default how to assign static ip address

could you tell me how assign static ip address

which steps i have to follow

thank you

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-23-2010, 05:25 AM
Tom H
 
Default how to assign static ip address

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM, yatheesh y <yatheeshlib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> could you tell me how assign static ip address
>
> which steps i have to follow

With or without NM.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-23-2010, 05:35 AM
yatheesh y
 
Default how to assign static ip address

My aim is not change ip address of my computer

I dont know which is good




On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM, yatheesh y <yatheeshlib@gmail.com> wrote:


>

> could you tell me how assign static ip address

>

> which steps i have to follow



With or without NM.



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Nils Kassube
 
Default how to assign static ip address

yatheesh y wrote:
> could you tell me how assign static ip address
>
> which steps i have to follow

Maybe this is what you're looking for:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkAdmin#Advanced%20Configuration>


Nils

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Rashkae
 
Default how to assign static ip address

On 10-11-23 01:49 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> yatheesh y wrote:
>
>> could you tell me how assign static ip address
>>
>> which steps i have to follow
>>
> Maybe this is what you're looking for:
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkAdmin#Advanced%20Configuration>
>
>

Nae,, that document is dangerously deprecated... (well, ok, not
dangerous.. you just won't get far since the Network-admin program has
been gutted to prevent confusion with Network Manager.)



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Tom H
 
Default how to assign static ip address

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:35 AM, yatheesh y <yatheeshlib@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM, yatheesh y <yatheeshlib@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > could you tell me how assign static ip address
>> >
>> > which steps i have to follow
>>
>> With or without NM.
>
> My aim is not change ip address of my computer
>
> I dont know which is good

Since you don't know which, I'll have to assume that you're using NM.

Go to "System - Preferences - network Connections", highlight the
wired or wireless NIC that you want to change, click on "Edit", click
on the "IPv4 settings" tab, choose "Manual" from the method dropdown,
click on "Add" to enter the static address/netmask/gateway...

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 11-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Nils Kassube
 
Default how to assign static ip address

Rashkae wrote:
> On 10-11-23 01:49 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > yatheesh y wrote:
> >> could you tell me how assign static ip address
> >>
> >> which steps i have to follow
> >
> > Maybe this is what you're looking for:
> > <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkAdmin#Advanced%20Configur
> > ation>
>
> Nae,, that document is dangerously deprecated... (well, ok, not
> dangerous.. you just won't get far since the Network-admin program
> has been gutted to prevent confusion with Network Manager.)

Sorry, somehow I missed the paragraph where it is mentioned that it is
an alternative to nm-applet. Thanks for the clarification.


Nils

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org