Old 11-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Ioannis Vranos

Default empathy video chat in MSN

Does empathy support video chat in MSN?

Thank you,

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net

Old 11-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Tony Pursell

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 15:56 +0200, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Does empathy support video chat in MSN?

It should do full AV (in 10.10) but see my bug

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/665744

for which I have had no response so far.

I have not tried MSN protocol between Empathy clients as I see no point
using it, given that Jabber's AV chat works perfectly.

It would be useful to know what your experience is. If you find the
same as me, add yourself to my bug.

Tony

Old 11-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 14:10 +0000, Tony Pursell wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 15:56 +0200, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> > Does empathy support video chat in MSN?
> >

> It should do full AV (in 10.10) but see my bug
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/665744
>
> for which I have had no response so far.
>
> I have not tried MSN protocol between Empathy clients as I see no point
> using it, given that Jabber's AV chat works perfectly.
>
> It would be useful to know what your experience is. If you find the
> same as me, add yourself to my bug.

When I right-click on my MSN contacts that happen to be online in
empathy, the "video call" option is greyed. Is it enabled in your case?

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net

Old 11-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Tony Pursell

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 18:13 +0200, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 14:10 +0000, Tony Pursell wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 15:56 +0200, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> > > Does empathy support video chat in MSN?
> > >

> > It should do full AV (in 10.10) but see my bug
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/665744
> >
> > for which I have had no response so far.
> >
> > I have not tried MSN protocol between Empathy clients as I see no point
> > using it, given that Jabber's AV chat works perfectly.
> >
> > It would be useful to know what your experience is. If you find the
> > same as me, add yourself to my bug.
>

> When I right-click on my MSN contacts that happen to be online in
> empathy, the "video call" option is greyed. Is it enabled in your case?

Do your MSN contacts have a small webcam icon against them in the
Contact list? That shows that they have a webcam. If they do not have
this icon, then they do not have a webcam and Video Call will be greyed
out.

Tony