Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Wade Smart

Default Zentyal

Im looking at Zentyal Server for small organization.
Anyone using this?
Any problems? Anything one should know?

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Old 11-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Liam Proven

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Im looking at Zentyal Server for small organization.
> Anyone using this?
> Any problems? Anything one should know?

I tried it recently. You can read my opinions here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/18/zentyal_review/

want an easy life, use SME Server instead. If you don't mind a bit of
filling in boxes to configure things, try ClearOS. Zentyal is quite
immature compared to both.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Wade Smart

On 11/21/2010 08:17 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Wade Smart<wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Im looking at Zentyal Server for small organization.
>> Anyone using this?
>> Any problems? Anything one should know?
>
> I tried it recently. You can read my opinions here:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/18/zentyal_review/

> want an easy life, use SME Server instead. If you don't mind a bit of
> filling in boxes to configure things, try ClearOS. Zentyal is quite
> immature compared to both.

Actually, that is the article that got me started ;D

SME... checking it out then.

Thanks

Wade

Old 11-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Liam Proven

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/21/2010 08:17 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Wade Smart<wadesmart@gmail.com> *wrote:
>>> Im looking at Zentyal Server for small organization.
>>> Anyone using this?
>>> Any problems? Anything one should know?
>>
>> I tried it recently. You can read my opinions here:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/18/zentyal_review/

>> want an easy life, use SME Server instead. If you don't mind a bit of
>> filling in boxes to configure things, try ClearOS. Zentyal is quite
>> immature compared to both.
>>

> Actually, that is the article that got me started ;D
>
> SME... checking it out then.

Ahaha! :¬) Well, you're welcome!

You might find it interesting to also read the other articles in the series:

Pt 1:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/17/linux_servers_for_windows_folk/

Pt 2:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/17/review_sme_server/

Pt 3:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/19/clear_os_review/

They've not published the conclusions yet.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 02:31 +0000, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I tried it recently. You can read my opinions here:
> >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/18/zentyal_review/

> >> want an easy life, use SME Server instead. If you don't mind a bit of
> >> filling in boxes to configure things, try ClearOS. Zentyal is quite
> >> immature compared to both.
> >>

> > Actually, that is the article that got me started ;D
> >
> > SME... checking it out then.
>
> Ahaha! :) Well, you're welcome!
>
> You might find it interesting to also read the other articles in the series:
>
> Pt 1:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/17/linux_servers_for_windows_folk/
>
> Pt 2:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/17/review_sme_server/
>
> Pt 3:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/19/clear_os_review/
>
> They've not published the conclusions yet.

THAT will be very interesting! Good job! Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 AM
Bazooka Joe

I have installed it a couple of times all when it was ebox. I gave up
trying to install the latest version because I couldn't get it to
setup software raid.

I liked it when it was ebox and saw room for improvement. Was excited
to see the latest version but what use is a fileserver that doesn't
have raid. Had to ditch it and decided to try windows home server as a
small office fileserver.

-fastfish