Old 11-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Tom Sparks

Default thunderbird emails to CHM or like

I have a group of jokes emails (with image/video attachments) in thunderbird
I want to get them out of thunderbird and into CHM or like so I save them on CD-ROM

what are my options?

tom_a_sparks
"It's a nerdy thing I like to do"

Old 11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Amichai Rotman

Tom,
What do you mean by CHM?*
CHM is a file format for Compressed HTML, usually used for help files by Microsoft.
If all you want is to back up those media files (jokes) to CD_ROM, just save them to a folder on your computer and burn them on a CD-R.

How and with which application - depends on either you use GNOME or KDE.
Tell us a bit more so we can be more specific with our answer.
Good Luck!

--*

.:================================================ ====:.

Amichai Rotman

.:================================================ ====:.*

Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Tom Sparks

CHM is a file format for Compressed HTML, usually used for help files by Microsoft.
What I looking for is a format that can save the email with all its attachments in one file.
I know I could use .eml but I dont want to have open the emails with mousepad or gedit (and see all the base64 encoded stuff)
If all you want is to back up those media files (jokes) to CD_ROM, just save them to a folder on your computer and burn them on a CD-R.
currently the only option is to save them in mbox or .eml files

How and with which application - depends on either you use GNOME or KDE.
I am using Xubuntu (gnome)
Tell us a bit more so we can be more specific with our answer.
Good Luck!tom

*--