Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 PM
"Scott B."

Default problem with fetchmail and ssl for gmail

Okay I got the same thing again but I think a different error

scott@snoopbear:~$ fetchmail -d0 -vk pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: 6.3.17 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Fri 19 Nov
2010 06:42:51 PM CST: poll started
Trying to connect to 74.125.155.109/995...connected.
fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local
issuer certificate
fetchmail: This means that the root signing certificate (issued for
/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority) is not in the trusted
CA certificate locations, or that c_rehash needs to be run on the
certificate directory. For details, please see the documentation of
--sslcertpath and --sslcertfile in the manual page.
3438:error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed:s3_clnt.c:982:
fetchmail: SSL connection failed.
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from scottbb1973@gmail.com@pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: 6.3.17 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Fri 19 Nov
2010 06:42:58 PM CST: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2

here is my .fetchmailrc file as well:

Begin Config:
#set username
set postmaster scott

# Set Polling time 15 Minutes
set daemon 900

#Polling Gmail
poll pop.gmail.com uidl with proto pop3 port 995 auth password user scottbb1973$
sslcertck sslcertpath /home/scott/.certs/

On 11/19/10, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 05:29 PM, Scott B. wrote:
>
> Scott, here is my fetchmail file:
>
> # set up second mail provider => gmail.com
> #poll pop.gmail.com uidl proto pop3 port 995 auth password user
> "wadesmart@gmail.com" there with password "password" nokeep no fetchall
> ssl sslcertpath /etc/ssl/certs/ smtphost servername/25
>
> Wade
> --
> Registered Linux User: #480675
> Registered Linux Machine: #408606