Old 11-19-2010, 10:29 PM
"Scott B."

Default problem with fetchmail and ssl for gmail

--
Scott Berry
MCP and A Plus Certified

Hey guys,

I have a stock Maverick server here running on an older Dell. I am
setting up fetchmail to poll mail from gmail.com. But I am having a
problem with a certificate I think. Could someone please lend a hand
I would sure appreciate it. It's making me scratch my head with
whatever little hair I have left. Grin! For your conveenience here
is the output I got from doing:

"fetchmail -d0 -vk pop.gmail.com"

scott@snoopbear:~$ fetchmail -d0 -vk pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: 6.3.17 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Fri 19 Nov
2010 05:16:43 PM CST: poll started
Trying to connect to 74.125.155.109/995...connected.
fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local
issuer certificate
fetchmail: This means that the root signing certificate (issued for
/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority) is not in the trusted
CA certificate locations, or that c_rehash needs to be run on the
certificate directory. For details, please see the documentation of
--sslcertpath and --sslcertfile in the manual page.
3339:error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed:s3_clnt.c:982:
fetchmail: SSL connection failed.
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from scottbb1973@gmail.com@pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: 6.3.17 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Fri 19 Nov
2010 05:16:51 PM CST: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2

Thanks for the help.