Old 11-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Mark

Default Document viewer incapable of saving settings

I have now run into this enough times to complain.

I routinely use evince for viewing pretty much any file that defaults to it for viewing, particularly PDFs.

It opens every single document I view with the view set to "Fit Page Width." I've tried changing this and then clicking on "Save Current Settings as Default" but they *never* get saved, they *always* revert to "Ft Page Width."

Am I missing something or is this just a known bug in evince?* (It worked back in GNOME 2.16....)

Old 11-16-2010, 05:09 AM
Mark

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Mark <mhullrich@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have now run into this enough times to complain.
>
> I routinely use evince for viewing pretty much any file that defaults to it
> for viewing, particularly PDFs.
>
> It opens every single document I view with the view set to "Fit Page Width."
> I've tried changing this and then clicking on "Save Current Settings as
> Default" but they *never* get saved, they *always* revert to "Ft Page
> Width."
>
> Am I missing something or is this just a known bug in evince?* (It worked
> back in GNOME 2.16....)

I've noticed this about more than one app so far - the calculator is
another one that refuses to remember what I set it to last time out -
another annoyance.

Was there a philosophical change that accounts for this or ...?

Thanks.