Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 AM
"Chris Lemire"

Default failed emails

I keep getting message from a mailing list for winmodems in Ubuntu. My
mails are sent back to me. What is causing this?

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at
ns0.crynwr.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message
to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry
it didn't work out.

<discuss@linmodems.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept
messages of MIME Content-Type 'multipart/alternative'
(#5.2.3)

--
Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire@gmail.com>

Old 02-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Peter Garrett

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:02:07 -0600
"Chris Lemire" <good_bye300@yahoo.com> wrote:

> <discuss@linmodems.org>:
> ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept
> messages of MIME Content-Type 'multipart/alternative'
> (#5.2.3)

Looks like your mail to that address needs to be text only ?

--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net

Old 02-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Kent Paul Dolan

Chris,

This kind of garbage is happening in the GIMPWIN
list all the time.

It just means someone has gotten
"discuss@linmodems.org" stupidly subscribed to
another mailing list, in this case the ubuntu-users
list. The right approach is to contact the owner of
discuss@linmodems.org, or possibly the postmaster
there, and suggest that subscribing one mailing list
to another is unacceptable behavior.

xanthian.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:32 PM

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 07:02:07PM -0600, X-otic Computer Systems of San Antonio wrote:
> I keep getting message from a mailing list for winmodems in Ubuntu. My
> mails are sent back to me. What is causing this?

It's caused because you're sending multipart MIME emails, and qmail
(the MLM) doesn't accept them.

This is almost always because your MUA (mail user agent,
e.g. evolution or thunderbird) is sending it as both HTML and plain
text (hence, the name "multipart/alternative").

Travis H.
--
<URL:https://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/>
The stream is deaf, yet sings its melody for all to hear.