Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Karl Larsen

Default .pdf reader

I have a lot of .pdf papers. What on Uubuntu will read and print these?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-01-2008, 10:18 PM
steve

Old 02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Chris

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 16:05:34 -0700
Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:

> I have a lot of .pdf papers. What on Uubuntu will read and print
> these?
>
> Karl

Karl -

Have a look at this URL. You may notice other apps worthy of your
desktop.

http://www.howtoforge.com/the_perfect_desktop_ubuntu_gutsy_gibbon

--
Best regards,
Chris

The ATM board has run out of 10 pound notes. We are having a whip
round to refill it, care to contribute ?

Old 02-02-2008, 12:24 AM
David Curtis

Karl Larsen wrote:
> I have a lot of .pdf papers. What on Uubuntu will read and print these?
>
> Karl

The medibuntu repository has packages for acrobat reader, plugins for
acrobat reader, ie. for fillable forms, and the mozilla/firefox acrobat
reader plugin.

Third party, non-oss, etc. IANRMS.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Karl Larsen

David Curtis wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I have a lot of .pdf papers. What on Uubuntu will read and print these?
>>
>> Karl
>>

> The medibuntu repository has packages for acrobat reader, plugins for
> acrobat reader, ie. for fillable forms, and the mozilla/firefox acrobat
> reader plugin.

I do not know how to get to that repository. I was able to get VLC from
the main repository or the only one that came with ubuntu. I also need
the codex for dvd movies on VLC.

Karl

Old 02-02-2008, 01:47 AM
NoOp

On 02/01/2008 05:58 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> David Curtis wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> I have a lot of .pdf papers. What on Uubuntu will read and print these?
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> The medibuntu repository has packages for acrobat reader, plugins for
>> acrobat reader, ie. for fillable forms, and the mozilla/firefox acrobat
>> reader plugin.
>>
> I do not know how to get to that repository. I was able to get VLC from
> the main repository or the only one that came with ubuntu. I also need
> the codex for dvd movies on VLC.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

Afterwards:

sudo apt-get install acroread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:52 AM
David Curtis

http://www.medibuntu.org/

Also see, http://www.medibuntu.org/

> Karl
>

>> Third party, non-oss, etc. IANRMS.

Third party means insecure, non-oss means tons of laws, patents,
copyrights you maybe infringing upon if you choose to install from
medibuntu, (depending on what country you hail from.) Again, read up at
http://www.medibuntu.org/ .

Hope this helps,

Dave.

P.S. Google is your friend.

P.S.S IANRMS= I am not Richard M.Stallman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman

Old 02-02-2008, 05:12 AM
"Michael R. Head"

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 16:05 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I have a lot of .pdf papers. What on Uubuntu will read and print these?

Ubuntu's default install includes the Evince "Document Viewer". I use it
all the time... works great for reading and printing PDF files.

One way to launch it is by double clicking on a PDF file in the file
browser

--
Michael R. Head <burner@suppressingfire.org>
http://picasaweb.google.com/demiri.head.wedding

Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 AM
"Nelson Oliveira"

Ubuntu's default pdf is a very good one. I used to complain about it till I found out that it's toolbar do not show everything it can do.
Simply click at Edit > Toolbar. Than drag and drop the tools you need or like to the place you'd like in the toolbar.

Nelson

Old 02-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Karl Larsen

NoOp wrote:
> On 02/01/2008 05:58 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> David Curtis wrote:

>>> The medibuntu repository has packages for acrobat reader, plugins for
>>> acrobat reader, ie. for fillable forms, and the mozilla/firefox acrobat
>>> reader plugin.
>>>

>> I do not know how to get to that repository. I was able to get VLC from
>> the main repository or the only one that came with ubuntu. I also need
>> the codex for dvd movies on VLC.
>>

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
>
> Afterwards:
>
> sudo apt-get install acroread

Thank you! It worked fine and I'm now getting GoogleEarth by apt-get
install. That takes all the work out of installing. Next will be
acroread and last libdvdcss.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI