Old 11-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Chris Lumens

Default unit test fixes

The following tests cause the unit tests to work again, for the most part.
The stuff in tests/storage_test/devicelibs_test is is really rough shape,
though. The crypto test just sits there spinning its wheels indefinitely and
the others fail for a variety of reasons.

I wonder how much of them are still valid at all, really. There's a
storage_test/storagetestcase.py and a storage_test/devicelibs_test/baseclass.py.
Those have got to overlap to some degree. Does anyone know what the status of
these are?

My intention is to add this to checkbot so we get unit test results nightly.
That should also help the tests themselves not break so frequently.

- Chris

Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
David Cantrell

The following tests cause the unit tests to work again, for the most part.
The stuff in tests/storage_test/devicelibs_test is is really rough shape,
though. The crypto test just sits there spinning its wheels indefinitely and
the others fail for a variety of reasons.

I wonder how much of them are still valid at all, really. There's a
storage_test/storagetestcase.py and a storage_test/devicelibs_test/baseclass.py.
Those have got to overlap to some degree. Does anyone know what the status of
these are?

My intention is to add this to checkbot so we get unit test results nightly.
That should also help the tests themselves not break so frequently.

Ack to all.

I think it's a good idea to keep the test cases usable, but you're right, we
should be determining which ones are valid and which are invalid.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI

Old 11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
David Lehman

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 12:57 -0500, Chris Lumens wrote:
> The following tests cause the unit tests to work again, for the most part.
> The stuff in tests/storage_test/devicelibs_test is is really rough shape,
> though. The crypto test just sits there spinning its wheels indefinitely and
> the others fail for a variety of reasons.

They probably haven't been run since they were written.

> I wonder how much of them are still valid at all, really. There's a
> storage_test/storagetestcase.py and a storage_test/devicelibs_test/baseclass.py.
> Those have got to overlap to some degree. Does anyone know what the status of
> these are?

storage_test/devicelibs_test/baseclass.py is a fairly low-level test
case base class that manages loop devices on which the devicelibs test
cases operate.

storage_test/storagetestcase.py is a fairly high-level storage test case
base class for testing the Storage, DeviceTree, and DeviceAction
classes. It creates a mocked-up pyanaconda.storage.Storage instance with
a mocked-up pyanaconda.Anaconda instance. All of the places in
devicelibs and elsewhere that normally touch or examine system devices
are stubbed out to prevent any device/filesystem access on the host
system.

> My intention is to add this to checkbot so we get unit test results nightly.
> That should also help the tests themselves not break so frequently.

Excellent idea.

Dave