Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
steve

Default dv cam

Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Nils Kassube

steve wrote:
> anyone using a dv cam as a webcam would be able to point me in the
> right direction? have a jvc mini dv, works fine with kino. I have
> googled to death on this, and only found dv2vloopback, but get compile
> errors for gd, (not available with apt-get) any other hit is seriously
> out of date. ~ doesnt anyone use a dv cam for a webcam? thanks.

According to the INSTALL file, you need libgd2-dev but it isn't available
for Gutsy. If you search for libgd2 with synaptic you can find
libgd2-xpm-dev which might work instead.

Nils

Old 02-01-2008, 10:17 PM
steve

Old 02-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Nils Kassube

steve wrote:
> i got
> further this time, but still does not install for some reason. doesnt
> make the install file.

Copy dv2vloopback generated by the make command to /usr/local/bin or use
it from the location where you compiled it. Actually the Makefile is very
simple and there is nor rule to install the program.

Nils

Old 02-02-2008, 06:03 PM
steve