HomeDistributionsSecurityCryptographyGamesFAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Robert Key

Default problem booting usb-creator flash drives.

Hi I am using Maverick and made a usb bootable memory flash drive (4Gb
8Gb 320Gb) using usb-creator-gtk. It works fine and installation ends.
When I boot from the flash drive or usb hdd I get the error message

SYSLINUX 4.01
Error No configuration file found.
No Default or UI configuration directive found!
boot: _____

and of course it won't boot from the flash drive. I have tried a 4GB
verbatim, 8Gb verbatim and a 320Gb seagate freeagent. I have also tried
to boot other computers using these flash drives/usb hdd but I get the
same error. I once had Grub2 on these devices and maybe the Master Boot
Record has not been cleared or something like that. I did get
usb-creator to work a while ago.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Robert Key

Old 11-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Mark Widdicombe

Try creating a bootable disk with remastersys. Works for me.

Disclaimer
http://www.shopriteholdings.co.za/pages/1019812640/disclaimer/E-mail-Disclaimer.asp

Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Robert Key

On 09/11/2010 13:35, Mark Widdicombe wrote:
> [...]

Thanks Mark,
Is this package in the ubuntu-archive? I don't see it there. Where
can I get it?
Thanks for your help,
Rob Key

Old 11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Mark Widdicombe

On 09/11/2010 13:35, Mark Widdicombe wrote:

I don't have internet access at the moment, but I think you'll find it in synaptic if you enable
the universe repos, or you'll have to google it.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Robert Key

On 09/11/2010 14:00, Mark Widdicombe wrote:
> [...]
Hi Mark, I downloaded it and will give it a try.
Cheers,
Rob Key

Old 11-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Paul Cartwright

On 11/09/2010 06:26 AM, Robert Key wrote:
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks
> Robert Key

you might also try unetbootin..
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
it creates a bootable USB drive from an ISO you specify or any of its
defaults distros..
some good virus iso's there too..

--
Paul Cartwright