Old 11-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Preserve Pulseaudio "Default Sink" setting on reboot? - NEW THREAD (I hopefully think)

I am hoping that this will start as a new thread regarding the above
existing thread, but as I have never tried this before apologies in
advance...... :-( .

On 07/11/2010 15:09, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 23:55 -0400, Dave wrote:
>
>> I use the Pulseaudio Device Chooser to set the default sink (on a
>> laptop) to a remote server. This works fine. When i reboot my laptop,
>> the default sink reverts back to "default" (the laptop sound card).
>> Is there a way to get the laptop to continue to use the remote server
>> after a reboot? Is there a command that I can run in a script on
>> startup to change the default sink back to the remote server?
>>
>> I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on this machine.
>>
> Using 10.4 it seems to remember the last setting used in an application,
> even after a reboot. No clue how it handles remote logins. Ric

I am puzzled about the above post - not for the content but about
threading with regards to posts/responses.

Dave wrote the message (OP) using QUALCOMM Windows Endora Version
7.1.0.9 (which possibly provides the answer to my question :'( ) and
this appears in my TB as an independent message.

However, your response - and you used Evolution 2.28.3 to respond to it
- is also showing up as an independent, separate, message and in no way
threaded to Dave's original message.

It is as if you composed a brand new message with the Subject of, "Re:
Preserve Pulseaudio......".

I have seen many messages (not necessarily from you) which behave in the
same way.

The question is: why does the above occur? Is Evolution not capable of
keeping threads according to message IDs? Or what? It's the "or what"
that I am wondering about......

BC

--
Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man reaches complete understanding of the minute details."

Confucius