Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
"Binish A.R"

Default get rid of password question when mounting NTFS

Are you referring to the root password prompt everytime you mount partitions?
Try granting yourself sudo access.
Run following command as user root

visudo
and add the following lines

username ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL

where username is your username. Save and quit the file, you are done!

Next time, while mounting partitions, it won't ask you for password.

Hi, I want to get rid of the password asking each time I want to mount my NTFS partitions. From Windows, they are not password protected. Is there any tip for that? Thank you. -- ubuntu-users mailing list ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Rakotomandimby Mihamina

Hi,
I want to get rid of the password asking each time I want to mount my
NTFS partitions.
From Windows, they are not password protected.
Is there any tip for that?

Thank you.