Old 02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Darryl Tidd

Default Window themes and the like

Hi all,
Running Ubuntu 7.10, and I am wondering what is actually controlling my
themes and things of that nature. I have compiz installed. When I go
to System->Preferences->Advanced Desktop Settings, I can change some
things there, but particularly, I set it for a vertical desktop size of
10. the workspace switcher shows I have 10 columns in one row, for my
workspaces. I also have a utility called GL Desktop, that shows Number
of Viewports as being one. But I can clearly see and use 10 that are
showing in the space on the lower left of my screen. The odd thing is
that when I change any of these numbers, nothing on the workspace
switcher that I can actually see changes. So, I want only one interface
that controls the various desk top features and I want to get rid of any
other interfaces that do the same.

Darryl