Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Openoffice display

Andy wrote:
> On 01/02/2008, Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else see this or know what may be corrupted?
>>

> Just "full screened" oocalc and when I un-full-screened it it was
> broken. Note that I tried it on CentOS not Ubuntu so it could be an
> Open Office bug. The window manager believes it is still full screen
> so isn't drawing the menu bar and I can't use resize from the menu bar
> either.
>
> Gnome got a way to make it forget what it knew about OpenOffices window?
>
> Andy

I tried it on Ubuntu fully updated and OpenOffice 3 works just fine.
None of your problems seem to exist.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
"Alexandra Zaharia"

On 2/1/08, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:
****I tried it on Ubuntu fully updated and OpenOffice 3 works just fine.
None of your problems seem to exist.

Same here, Kubuntu 7.10 (kernel 2.6.22-14-generic) with OpenOffice 2.3.0... works alright.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Andy wrote:
> On 01/02/2008, Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com> wrote:
>> Anyone else see this or know what may be corrupted?
>
> Just "full screened" oocalc and when I un-full-screened it it was
> broken. Note that I tried it on CentOS not Ubuntu so it could be an
> Open Office bug. The window manager believes it is still full screen
> so isn't drawing the menu bar and I can't use resize from the menu bar
> either.
>
> Gnome got a way to make it forget what it knew about OpenOffices window?

The weird part is that it isn't OO.o in general doing it, it's just
oocalc. The word processor seems perfectly normal. And when calc is
fullscreened (which it is at startup), it doesn't have borders, so I
can't use the buttons in the corner to alter fullscreen/minimize/etc.

When firefox is on the display I have my GNOME bars, so I right click on
the task button for OOcalc and click minimize (or maximize), and it has
no effect whatsoever other than bringing Calc back to the foreground,
still stealing all the desktop real-estate.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Thomas Kaiser

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> When I open a writer document, things seem to be working fine.
>
> When I open oocalc, the resulting window is full screen with no border.
> I can work in the cells and work with menus, but I can't make it
> display as a window. If I open a dialog box (i.e., print), I have to
> alt-tab to the dialog box because it's hidden in the background. My
> menus at the top and bottom of the window are hidden as well.
>
> If I rotate the cube to another window, open another application (like
> firefox) and move it to the spreadsheet-covered desktop, it's hidden
> until I alt-tab. Then when FF is displayed I can see my gnome-desktop
> menu bar and application bar at the top and bottom of the display. Go
> back to the spreadsheet and they are once again hidden in the background.
>
> I renamed my .openoffice.org2 directory in ~, and that didn't seem to
> affect this behavior.
>
> Anyone else see this or know what may be corrupted?

How about CTRL + SHIFT + J to go out of full screen?

Thomas

--
http://www.kaiser-linux.li

Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> Bart Silverstrim wrote:

>> Anyone else see this or know what may be corrupted?
>>

> How about CTRL + SHIFT + J to go out of full screen?

Nope. I got a fullscreen display of what looked like gradient bars
repeating horizontally, with the top one having a "fullscreen" button in
the upper right of the screen. The very top had a thing bar that looked
like the top of a dialog box for OO, with a teeny dropdown arrow in the
uppermost right.

Clicking the button made the dialog box go away but didn't fix calc.

It looked as if there were supposed to be a dialog box popped up, but
instead of being a little window, it was painted over the entire
desktop. Screen rotation around the cube still works, though, and
there's a normal desktop waiting for me if I rotate to another workspace
unless I rotate to the one with Calc waiting for me.

Weird!