Old 02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Homer

Default keyboard/keypad mapping

I posted this on the Kubuntu list earlier this week but didn't
generate any interest.
----
A colleague lost some functionality upgrading from 7.04 (or maybe
6.10) to 7.10. I just spoke with her and she said when logged on to a
VAX machine the / key on the keypad used to bring up a VAX menu that
would add additional functionality to the other keypad keys. She
showed me the menu can be brought up now with F2, but would like it
the way it was.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Tony Arnold

Homer,

Homer wrote:
> I posted this on the Kubuntu list earlier this week but didn't
> generate any interest.
> ----
> A colleague lost some functionality upgrading from 7.04 (or maybe
> 6.10) to 7.10. I just spoke with her and she said when logged on to a
> VAX machine the / key on the keypad used to bring up a VAX menu that
> would add additional functionality to the other keypad keys. She
> showed me the menu can be brought up now with F2, but would like it
> the way it was.

Whic terminal emulator was she using? And is the VAX running VMS?

I don't use Kubuntu, but I know a bit about VMS:-)

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold, Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security, Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004

Old 02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Homer

On Feb 1, 2008 8:31 AM, Tony Arnold <tony.arnold@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Homer wrote:
> > I posted this on the Kubuntu list earlier this week but didn't
> > generate any interest.
> > ----
> > A colleague lost some functionality upgrading from 7.04 (or maybe
> > 6.10) to 7.10. I just spoke with her and she said when logged on to a
> > VAX machine the / key on the keypad used to bring up a VAX menu that
> > would add additional functionality to the other keypad keys. She
> > showed me the menu can be brought up now with F2, but would like it
> > the way it was.
>
> Whic terminal emulator was she using? And is the VAX running VMS?
>
> I don't use Kubuntu, but I know a bit about VMS:-)

Thank you for the reply Tony. I just now got a reply from my
colleague. She is using Konsole for her terminal. There was a
clarification on the machine she is logging on to. From the admin of
that machine... "It is an Alpha, not a VAX. That's a minor
distinction. It is running VMS."