Old 02-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Default Openoffice display

When I open a writer document, things seem to be working fine.

When I open oocalc, the resulting window is full screen with no border.
I can work in the cells and work with menus, but I can't make it
display as a window. If I open a dialog box (i.e., print), I have to
alt-tab to the dialog box because it's hidden in the background. My
menus at the top and bottom of the window are hidden as well.

If I rotate the cube to another window, open another application (like
firefox) and move it to the spreadsheet-covered desktop, it's hidden
until I alt-tab. Then when FF is displayed I can see my gnome-desktop
menu bar and application bar at the top and bottom of the display. Go
back to the spreadsheet and they are once again hidden in the background.

I renamed my .openoffice.org2 directory in ~, and that didn't seem to
affect this behavior.

Anyone else see this or know what may be corrupted?

Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Andy

On 01/02/2008, Bart Silverstrim <bsilver@chrononomicon.com> wrote:
> Anyone else see this or know what may be corrupted?

Just "full screened" oocalc and when I un-full-screened it it was
broken. Note that I tried it on CentOS not Ubuntu so it could be an
Open Office bug. The window manager believes it is still full screen
so isn't drawing the menu bar and I can't use resize from the menu bar
either.

Gnome got a way to make it forget what it knew about OpenOffices window?

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners. Both stop working, if you open windows.
-- Adam Heath