Old 02-01-2008, 10:01 AM
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux

Default NO video picture with Skype (Beta) & Logitech QuickCam Communicate S

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 12:19 +0700, Philippe Didier wrote:
> Unfortunately:
> > sudo xvinfo does not show more than the one without ! ;-(
> >

> > Sorry for not having better results and
> > thanks for efforts and help
> > cheers. svobi
> >

> Hi,
>
> One more time, open a new thread one skype forum, post your lsmod,
> xvinfo, tell which driver you have, which version, and you should have
> more accurate answers.
>
> Or use Skype 1.4.118(no video) or the Beta one without video. This
> should be fixed soon , as the Skype team is working on it.
>
> Philippe

Hi Philippe
Thanks for your efforts and support !

As a simple Linux / Ubuntu newbie I am not the right person to provide
all these detailed info ! I do not know how !!
All these commands I were doing been given from you and
other helpful people !!!

As a hearing handicapped I do more prefer the chat with Skype, yes
and once in a while visual videocall and written chat, especially
when not speaking and hearing in my native language !!

As for Skype 1.4.118 ...
... I do not need to downgrade from Skype 2.0.0.13 ...
... since I do get and have exactly the same with both versions:
NO picture and videocalls. ;-)

I will wait for a Skype update under Ubuntu to get video & chat ;-))

However: Thanks once more for helping !
Cheers, svobi