Old 01-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Willis Taylor

Default Bad file downloads of instructor.pdf or student.pdf for 7.1 desktop course

NoOp wrote:

On 01/30/2008 03:26 PM, (``-_-) -- Fernando wrote:

I can open both correctly with both kpdf and evidence.
Should I email them to you?

Two 72.5MB email attachments? I don't know of any standard ISP email
system that will allow you to do that (upload or download). But on top
of that he's on dialup... Even if you managed to get the files attached
and sent, and his ISP accepted the email, an email with 145MB's of
attachments would probably hose his email downloads for quite some time.

You're
right.* On DSL it would only take 5 or 6 seconds and many of the DSL
providers are a couple of gig in the email.* I went that way for photo
repair distributation and it is very effective.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:44 AM
Willis Taylor

Gerald Dachs wrote:

Am Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:04:35 -0600
I can open both correctly with both kpdf and evidence.
Should I email them to you?

Two 72.5MB email attachments? I don't know of any standard ISP email
system that will allow you to do that (upload or download). But on
top of that he's on dialup... Even if you managed to get the files
attached and sent, and his ISP accepted the email, an email with
145MB's of attachments would probably hose his email downloads for
quite some time.

You're right. On DSL it would only take 5 or 6 seconds and many of
the DSL providers are a couple of gig in the email. I went that way
for photo repair distributation and it is very effective.

A couple of gig in ONE email, I don't believe this.

Gerald

Two gig is
the listed limit and I have actually received one piece of work that
was 1.1gig.* It seems that I recall it taking about a minute or better
to upload and send back to the originator.* And I had time to go get my
coffee while I loaded it into my computer.* I'm sorry, I didn't mean to
shake anyone up.* I use att dsl.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
NoOp

Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Gerald Dachs

Old 02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Gerald Dachs

Quoting Willis Taylor <gods-servant@sbcglobal.net>:

> Gerald Dachs wrote:
>> Am Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:04:35 -0600
>> schrieb Willis Taylor <gods-servant@sbcglobal.net>:

>>> You're right. On DSL it would only take 5 or 6 seconds and many of
>>> the DSL providers are a couple of gig in the email. I went that way
>>> for photo repair distributation and it is very effective.
>>>

>> A couple of gig in ONE email, I don't believe this.
>>
>> Gerald
>>

> Two gig is the listed limit and I have actually received one piece of
> work that was 1.1gig. It seems that I recall it taking about a minute
> or better to upload and send back to the originator. And I had time to
> go get my coffee while I loaded it into my computer. I'm sorry, I
> didn't mean to shake anyone up. I use att dsl.

1.1gig in less than 1 minute, that would mean more than 140Mb/s. The fastest
DSL line I have heared so far has 25Mb/s and it is not symmetrically, the
upload is much slower. I am not sure, but I think VDSL is doing 40Mb/s, still
not enough. How did you connect you DSL-Modem to the computer,
the normal 100Mb/s LAN is much too slow.

Please, do me the favor and stop shouting, it hurts my eyes.

Gerald