Old 10-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Ted Hilts

Default Problem with Evolution

After a problem with backuppc the Evolution email system input file
seems unresponsive to additional incoming email messages. I tried
re-installation but the problem is still there. Maybe someone on the
list has a solution? I am sending this email from Thunderbird which
seems to be working.

Thanks, Ted Hilts

Old 07-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Lisi

Debian Lenny with Evolution 2.22.3.1.

I tried to run a search on Evolution and it has wiped out ALL my entries. Is
there any way I can retrieve them? I have done nothing since the search
except look through to see that there is truly nothing there.

I would like to undo the search and go back to immediately before it, if that
is possible. If not, I have a back-up (just a straight copy). How do I use
it?

Help!!
Lisi

Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Lisi

On Monday 09 July 2012 10:08:32 Lisi wrote:
> Debian Lenny with Evolution 2.22.3.1.
>
> I tried to run a search on Evolution and it has wiped out ALL my entries.
> Is there any way I can retrieve them? I have done nothing since the search
> except look through to see that there is truly nothing there.
>
> I would like to undo the search and go back to immediately before it, if
> that is possible. If not, I have a back-up (just a straight copy). How do
> I use it?

I have realised taht this is ambiguous. I mean Evolution *Calendar*, not
email etc.

Lisi

Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
"John W. Foster"

On Mon, 2012-07-09 at 10:38 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> On Monday 09 July 2012 10:08:32 Lisi wrote:
> > Debian Lenny with Evolution 2.22.3.1.
> >
> > I tried to run a search on Evolution and it has wiped out ALL my entries.
> > Is there any way I can retrieve them? I have done nothing since the search
> > except look through to see that there is truly nothing there.
> >
> > I would like to undo the search and go back to immediately before it, if
> > that is possible. If not, I have a back-up (just a straight copy). How do
> > I use it?
>
> I have realised taht this is ambiguous. I mean Evolution *Calendar*, not
> email etc.
>
> Lisi

if the evolution app is running correctly you should be able ti 'import'
the calendar file from the 'backup copy' into the running version.
go to the .evolution file in the backup, if you actually copied that
user directory. There is no reason to look elsewhere. If you did not
backup the .evolution file I can't help you, sorry. The file you need to
'import' is .evolution/canendar/local/system/calendar.ics
Hope this helps.
frosty