Old 01-31-2008, 12:54 PM
squareyes

Default Grub paper

Karl Larsen wrote:
> I was working on a Grub paper after looking at around 20 existing
> papers. They all used a floppy disk which is no longer around. Here is
> where I am now. Should I continue?
>

> Hi Karl,

you could always try the Grub Super Disk

http://supergrub.forjamari.linex.org/

Hope this is of some help.
Take Care
Winton

Old 01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Karl Larsen

squareyes wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I was working on a Grub paper after looking at around 20 existing
>> papers. They all used a floppy disk which is no longer around. Here is
>> where I am now. Should I continue?
>>

>> Hi Karl,
>>

> you could always try the Grub Super Disk
>
> http://supergrub.forjamari.linex.org/
>
> Hope this is of some help.
> Take Care
> Winton

Hi Winton I was thinking of using the Ubuntu install disk. I am
going to try it and find out what works. All you need is a cd-rom that
has a root terminal and grub installed. Be fun.

You need this when you re-load windows :-)

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
squareyes

Karl Larsen wrote:

> Hi Winton I was thinking of using the Ubuntu install disk. I am
> going to try it and find out what works. All you need is a cd-rom that
> has a root terminal and grub installed. Be fun.
>
> You need this when you re-load windows :-)
>
> Karl

I have a copy of Win XP that I have been ringing Microsoft (Australia)
about.
It now has 14 days left to be activated, which I have no intention to
do, so when it's off
it will stay off (need another coaster??) :-) . Seems the company that
put together the box for me agreed to the "Terms and Conditions"
when they installed it. A stand alone disk, so looks like I have been
shot in the foot.
Won't be re-installing it, thought it would be a good idea to help
some of the locals, but they will have to help themselves, or do the
smart thing and switch :-)
Take Care
Winton