Old 10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Kipton Moravec

Default Keyboard not working

I have a server with 9.10 on it, and yesterday I tried to check
something on it and the keyboard did not work. So I swapped it out with
another keyboard, and it still did not work.

Then I thought it may need to reboot to recognize a different keyboard.
So I rebooted the server.

The keyboard still did not work.

I rebooted again, and was able to get into the BIOS and move around in
those screens with the keyboard, so the keyboard was not bad. But when
it booted up I still could not enter the user name to log in. Or Switch
to a different screen. The number lock light is on, but pressing number
lock key does nothing.

What should I try?
I have no idea. I have never seen or heard of this one before.

Kip
--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB .- . ..... .. -...

"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
--Mark Twain

Old 01-22-2011, 03:22 AM
rajubhai ramvani

dear sir,
** * * *when i start kubuntu 9.04.my keyboard not working any key.i think i make some changes so keyboard is going disable .so advice me how i can keyboard enable*rajuramvani,

Old 01-22-2011, 04:06 AM
"Goh Lip"

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 12:22:24 +0800, rajubhai ramvani
when i start kubuntu 9.04.my keyboard not working any key.i
think i make some changes so keyboard is going disable .so advice me how
i can keyboard enable

rajuramvani,

dear raju,

first make absolutely sure keyboard is working. if the problem is
due to changing language for the keyboard, say to urdu, see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LocaleConf

goh lip,