Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Alan Pope

Default how does ubuntu installs itself in an LVM need the installer code url

On 5 October 2010 13:24, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to read the script which takes care of installation of Ubuntu
> from the ISO when I am installing
> Ubuntu in an LVM.The part I want to look at is
> when the ISO or installer detects an LVM as a block device it creates
> 2 parts of that LVM and makes
> some filesystem that user specifies and also a swap.
> How does it do that part of code I want to look what should I be *looking?

Assuming you're using the alternate cd and not the live cd (which
doesn't support LVM), the program/package is "debian installer".

apt-get source debian-installer

Documentation can be found in ~/debian-installer*/doc

Cheers,
Al.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Tapas Mishra

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:

> Assuming you're using the alternate cd and not the live cd (which
> doesn't support LVM), the program/package is "debian installer".
>
> apt-get source debian-installer
>
> Documentation can be found in ~/debian-installer*/doc
Thanks.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Tapas Mishra

> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:
>>
>> Assuming you're using the alternate cd and not the live cd (which
>> doesn't support LVM), the program/package is "debian installer".
>>
>> apt-get source debian-installer
Got an error here

apt-get source debian-installer
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
NOTICE: 'debian-installer' packaging is maintained in the 'Bzr'
version control system at:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/debian-installer/ubuntu
Please use:
bzr get http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/debian-installer/ubuntu
to retrieve the latest (possibly unreleased) updates to the package.
Need to get 1,866kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/main
debian-installer 20100211ubuntu28 (dsc) [3,390B]
Get:2 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/main
debian-installer 20100211ubuntu28 (tar) [1,863kB]
Fetched 1,866kB in 2s (738kB/s)
gpgv: Signature made Tuesday 28 September 2010 05:34:23 PM IST using
RSA key ID 7D86500B
gpgv: Can't check signature: public key not found
dpkg-source: warning: failed to verify signature on
./debian-installer_20100211ubuntu28.dsc
dpkg-source: info: extracting debian-installer in
debian-installer-20100211ubuntu28
dpkg-source: info: unpacking debian-installer_20100211ubuntu28.tar.gz

Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Alan Pope

On 5 October 2010 13:35, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Alan Pope <alan@popey.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Assuming you're using the alternate cd and not the live cd (which
>>> doesn't support LVM), the program/package is "debian installer".
>>>
>>> apt-get source debian-installer
> Got an error here

No, you didn't. Nothing there is an error. A warning and a notice, but
no errors.

Cheers,
Al.