Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Stephen Burke

Default syncing up mouse across multiple monitors

I have a dual monitor setup with my left monitor pivoted counter
clockwise so it is portrait layout.* When my mouse rolls to the right
off the left monitor onto the right monitor the cursor jumps down 25%
of the screen or so.* Can someone point me to some documentation or
some software that can correct this so I can have my mouse cursor
seamlessly go from one monitor to the next and stay at the same X
coordinate relative to my eyes.

Thanks
Steve

Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Colin Law

On 5 October 2010 12:59, Stephen Burke <steve.burke.56@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a dual monitor setup with my left monitor pivoted counter
> clockwise so it is portrait layout.* When my mouse rolls to the right
> off the left monitor onto the right monitor the cursor jumps down 25%
> of the screen or so.* Can someone point me to some documentation or
> some software that can correct this so I can have my mouse cursor
> seamlessly go from one monitor to the next and stay at the same X
> coordinate relative to my eyes.

On the System. Preferences, Monitors app you can slide the smaller
display up or down relative to the taller one. This may help with
your problem.

Colin

Old 10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Stephen Burke

Unfortunately, when I run the Monitor app I get an error "Could not
get screen information RANDR extension not present".

Steve

Old 10-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Liam Proven

On 5 October 2010 15:03, Stephen Burke <steve.burke.56@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, when I run the Monitor app I get an error "Could not
> get screen information RANDR extension not present".

Please bottom-quote.

You have not specified what graphics card you use, so further advice
is difficult. If you use an nVidia card, the same monitor-dragging
works in the nvidia-settings tool.