Old 10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Tapas Mishra

Default gdk warning when using gftp

Hi
used gftp on terminal
I get following warning
(gftp-gtk:2311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_window_type:
assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
why am I getting that.
Now it is 10.10 64 bit.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Alan Pope

On 4 October 2010 15:53, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> used gftp on terminal
> I get following warning
> (gftp-gtk:2311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_window_type:
> assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
> why am I getting that.
> Now it is 10.10 64 bit.

It's a warning, I'd ignore it personally.

You're not alone.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=IA__gdk_window_get_window_type:asse rtion+`GDK_IS_WINDOW+(window)'+failed

Al.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Franz Waldmüller

Hi Tapas,
Tapas Mishra wrote:
> Hi
> used gftp on terminal
> I get following warning
> (gftp-gtk:2311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_window_type:
> assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
> why am I getting that.
> Now it is 10.10 64 bit.

Not familiar with your warning, but you can use Nautilus as ftp-client
as well.
CTRL + L switched to the addres bar where you can type in your
ftp-server location.

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2007/05/27/simple-nautilus-ftp-client/

If you don't want to remember the keyboard shortcut, "File - Connect to
Server" should establish your connection as well.

Maybe you don't need gftp at all.

Franz

Old 10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Tapas Mishra

2010/10/4 Franz Waldmüller <waldbauernbub@gmx.at>:
...snip...
> Not familiar with your warning, but you can use Nautilus as ftp-client
> as well.
> CTRL + L switched to the addres bar where you can type in your
> ftp-server location.

Yes that way I have also used I understand not a very big warning but
since it came so just asked.