Old 10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Christopher Chan

Default IPTables : How to make file for Multiple Destination Address

> What is it possible if I want to make multiple destination address of
> these rule above to moved with a list file that created ?
> If yes, let me know how the rule of this issue ?

Try combining with ipset.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Karl Auer

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 19:38 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> > What is it possible if I want to make multiple destination address of
> > these rule above to moved with a list file that created ?
> > If yes, let me know how the rule of this issue ?
>
> Try combining with ipset.

I'd never heard of ipset. Thanks!

Regards, K.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Christopher Chan

Karl Auer wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 19:38 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>>> What is it possible if I want to make multiple destination address of
>>> these rule above to moved with a list file that created ?
>>> If yes, let me know how the rule of this issue ?
>> Try combining with ipset.
>
> I'd never heard of ipset. Thanks!

No problem. I would not have heard of it either had it not been a need
to firewall thousands of ips and ip ranges in a previous job I had.
OpenBSD and pf rules!

Old 10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
NoOp

On 10/04/2010 06:32 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Karl Auer wrote:
>>> Try combining with ipset.
>>
>> I'd never heard of ipset. Thanks!
>>

> No problem. I would not have heard of it either had it not been a need
> to firewall thousands of ips and ip ranges in a previous job I had.
> OpenBSD and pf rules!

Might be worth a read:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ipset/+bugs
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man8/ipset.8.html

Old 10-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Christopher Chan

NoOp wrote:
> On 10/04/2010 06:32 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> Karl Auer wrote:
>>> I'd never heard of ipset. Thanks!
>>>
>> No problem. I would not have heard of it either had it not been a need
>> to firewall thousands of ips and ip ranges in a previous job I had.
>> OpenBSD and pf rules!
>>

> Might be worth a read:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ipset/+bugs
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man8/ipset.8.html

Not read them links but it has been at least half a decade since ipset
came out...if it still has outstanding issues then I guess it has to be
OpenBSD if you need to make rules involving thousands of ip addresses
and ip ranges.

FreeBSD has had pf ported over from OpenBSD but I wonder how stable and
good its implementation is...