Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Francesco Bolzoni

Default nfs-kernel-server don't work ...

Hi.
I'm trying to install "nfs-kernel-server" package to my 10.04.1 server,
but after installation of "portmap" & "nfs-common", it just "dead" and
exit with a error 1 status.
I've googled but i can't find any solution to this, looked into logs
(apt, dpkg) but nothing useful there.
The strange thing is that i have another server, same software, where
that package was installed perfectly.

Anyone can point me how resolve this ?

Thanks

Old 10-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Marius Gedminas

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 10:20:51AM +0200, Francesco Bolzoni wrote:
> I'm trying to install "nfs-kernel-server" package to my 10.04.1 server,
> but after installation of "portmap" & "nfs-common", it just "dead" and
> exit with a error 1 status.

Please post the exact command you ran and the error messages you saw.
This summary is insufficient to diagnose the problem.

Marius Gedminas
--
"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "

Old 10-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Francesco Bolzoni

Il 04/10/2010 13:04, Marius Gedminas ha scritto:
> Please post the exact command you ran and the error messages you saw.
> This summary is insufficient to diagnose the problem.
>
> Marius Gedminas
The command is sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server. Also tryed with
"sudo apt-get install portmap nfs-common nfs-kernel-server"

No succes both time.

This is the last log answer (/var/log/apt/history.log):

Start-Date: 2010-10-04 10:13:34
Install: nfs-kernel-server (1.2.0-4ubuntu4), portmap (6.0.0-1ubuntu2),
nfs-common (1.2.0-4ubuntu4)
Error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
End-Date: 2010-10-04 10:25:19

Thanks