Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
"& RU Chelladurai"

Default Unable to install Akonadi Google resource package from repos

Hi people,

Does anyone know why the Google Akonadi Resource package is not available or
unresolvable from the Karmic India repos server, while others work fine.

Below is what I get when I try to install it

andrew@ ~ sudo aptitude -y install akonadi-kde-resource-googledata
[sudo] password for andrew:
{...snipped...}
akonadi-kde-resource-googledata libgcal0{a}
0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 126kB of archives. After unpacking 610kB will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Err http://in.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe libgcal0 0.9.2-1
Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80 (111.91.91.37), connection timed
out
Err http://in.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe akonadi-kde-resource-googledata
1.0.1-0ubuntu1
Unable to connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com http:
E: Failed to fetch
http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libg/libgcal/libgcal0_0.9.2-1_i386.deb:
Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80 (111.91.91.37), connection timed
out
{...snipped...}

Versions

andrew@ ~ cat /etc/issue;uname -a; kde4-menu --version
Ubuntu 9.10

Linux thishost 2.6.31-22-generic #65-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 16 15:48:58 UTC 2010
i686 GNU/Linux
Qt: 4.5.2
KDE: 4.3.2 (KDE 4.3.2)
kde-menu: 1.0
andrew@ ~

My repos server is currently set the one in India, and have not checked
switching it to another yet. I also got a 100% packet loss when pinging it
andrew@ ~ ping in.archive.ubuntu.com
PING ubuntuarchive.hnsdc.com (111.91.91.37) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- ubuntuarchive.hnsdc.com ping statistics ---
20 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 19150ms
andrew@ ~

However I am able to install other packages from the repos without issues. So I
just want to confirm if its an issue on my system, or a general one.

Else if this is not an issue with Kubuntu, then let me know and I will post @
KDE

--
& RU Chelladurai
d~_*b

Old 10-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Clay Weber

On Sunday, October 03, 2010 02:21:56 pm & RU Chelladurai wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> Does anyone know why the Google Akonadi Resource package is not available
> or unresolvable from the Karmic India repos server, while others work
> fine.
>
> Below is what I get when I try to install it
>
> andrew@ ~ sudo aptitude -y install akonadi-kde-resource-googledata
> [sudo] password for andrew:
> {...snipped...}
> akonadi-kde-resource-googledata libgcal0{a}
> 0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 126kB of archives. After unpacking 610kB will be used.
> Writing extended state information... Done
> Err http://in.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe libgcal0 0.9.2-1
> Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80 (111.91.91.37), connection
> timed out
> Err http://in.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe
> akonadi-kde-resource-googledata 1.0.1-0ubuntu1
> Unable to connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com http:
> E: Failed to fetch
> http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libg/libgcal/libgcal0_0.9
> .2-1_i386.deb: Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80
> (111.91.91.37), connection timed out
> {...snipped...}
>
> Versions
>
> andrew@ ~ cat /etc/issue;uname -a; kde4-menu --version
> Ubuntu 9.10
>
> Linux thishost 2.6.31-22-generic #65-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 16 15:48:58 UTC
> 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
> Qt: 4.5.2
> KDE: 4.3.2 (KDE 4.3.2)
> kde-menu: 1.0
> andrew@ ~
>
> My repos server is currently set the one in India, and have not checked
> switching it to another yet. I also got a 100% packet loss when pinging it
> andrew@ ~ ping in.archive.ubuntu.com
> PING ubuntuarchive.hnsdc.com (111.91.91.37) 56(84) bytes of data.
> ^C
> --- ubuntuarchive.hnsdc.com ping statistics ---
> 20 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 19150ms
> andrew@ ~
>
> However I am able to install other packages from the repos without issues.
> So I just want to confirm if its an issue on my system, or a general one.
>
> Else if this is not an issue with Kubuntu, then let me know and I will
> post @ KDE

It looks like your mirror is down. It is not an Ubuntu/Kubuntu issue, it is
just that the machines hosting the Ubuntu repos in your region are having
problems. You definitely want to try a different one.

The mirror also seems to host a number of other distros' archives as well, so
many people are probably unable to update using this mirror.

Clay

Old 10-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Alan Pope

Hi,

Please don't spam across multiple lists.

On 3 October 2010 19:21, & RU Chelladurai <theunknownandrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> Err http://in.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe libgcal0 0.9.2-1
> *Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80 (111.91.91.37), connection timed
> out
> Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80 (111.91.91.37), connection timed
> out

Network error connecting to mirror. Try again.

Al.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Basil Chupin

On 04/10/2010 20:40, Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please don't spam across multiple lists.
>
> On 3 October 2010 19:21,& RU Chelladurai<theunknownandrew@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Err http://in.archive.ubuntu.com karmic/universe libgcal0 0.9.2-1
>> Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80 (111.91.91.37), connection timed
>> out
>> Could not connect to in.archive.ubuntu.com:80 (111.91.91.37), connection timed
>> out
>>
> Network error connecting to mirror. Try again.

The problem hasn't been cleared in the past 9 hours or so.....

But it has happened before some weeks ago and that took a few days to
get resolved.

BC

--
"So where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
Christina Aquilera

Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Alan Pope

On 4 October 2010 10:48, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> The problem hasn't been cleared in the past 9 hours or so.....
>
> But it has happened before some weeks ago and that took a few days to
> get resolved.

Use a different mirror?

Cheers,
Al.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Basil Chupin

On 04/10/2010 20:58, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 4 October 2010 10:48, Basil Chupin<blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> The problem hasn't been cleared in the past 9 hours or so.....
>>
>> But it has happened before some weeks ago and that took a few days to
>> get resolved.
>>

> Use a different mirror?

No. Almost everything for me comes from mirror.linux.org.au.

BC

Old 10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 21:13 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 04/10/2010 20:58, Alan Pope wrote:
> > On 4 October 2010 10:48, Basil Chupin<blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> >
> >> The problem hasn't been cleared in the past 9 hours or so.....
> >>
> >> But it has happened before some weeks ago and that took a few days to
> >> get resolved.
> >>

> > Use a different mirror?
> >

> No. Almost everything for me comes from mirror.linux.org.au.

Well, the Internet is NOT a big truck! It's a series of tubes! ...and
his happens to be stuffed. <chuckles> Ric

Linux user# 44256