Old 10-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Christopher Lemire

Default Disable backspace key for Colemaks

Hello all, I've recently switched my keyboard layout from qwerty->arabic->colemak. I want to disable the backspace key because my caplocks key functions as backspace key does with colemaks. I have man xset. I tried:

xset c off 22
xset -c 22
xset c 0 22

None are working. It appears that c does not take a keymap argument because I get the --help, but I am not seeing any other way to do it. I've looked at man xset and googled.

The reason I don't leave it functioning is because I have to force myself to get used to caplocks and too often I reach for that backspace key without thinking about it.
--
Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire@gmail.com>

Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

gpg --recv-keys E13B0909

Key fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866* E9DE C69F 18B3 E13B 0909