Old 10-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Tapas Mishra

Default firefox hangs

While watching a video in this link in full screen mode
http://www.labnol.org/software/mail-merge-with-gmail/13289/

after initial 1.5 minutes I could not see any activity in the video
while I kept on listening Audio
from the same video.
Pressing any key combination Ctrl+Alt+Del or an attempt to switch to console
Ctrl+Alt+F1
Ctrl+Alt+F2
Ctrl+Alt+F3
did not helped
I had to ultimately hard reboot.
This is a laptop worth 3.5 Gb RAM and Core2 Duo process on which I do
not do any thing other than Web surfing.

Here is some more data which might be needed to debug this problem.

Firefox 3.6.8

Extensions
Google Toolbar for Firefox 7.1.20100830L
TheFreeDictionarycom Community Toolbar 3.1.0.12
Conduit Engine 3.1.0.12

Theme

Default 3.6.8

Plugins
Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible;Totem)
VLC Multimedia Plugin(compatible Totem 2.30.2)
Shockwave Flash (10.1 r82)
QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6

How do I find out which flash player version is installed on my system
Upon searching http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=detect+adobe+fla sh++version+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
I getting links to Flash player detection kit I am not a web developer
who will be using all that.
The problem is not only with above link but I do not understand why
does Lucid 64 bit becomes unresponsive to key board interrupts.

--
Tapas

--
Tapas